Back to Borroughs.
At least the construction won’t be as bad this time. Here’s what you need to know:
Matchday 3 Preview
- Our opponent is Albion Hurricanes FC 01B B. They are currently in 9th place with three points in their two losses, while we are 6th.
Albion lost their first game to Lamar Chivas 3-2 (we lost to Lamar 3-0).
Albion lost their second game to Houston Santos 00B 3-1.
This Albion team, nominally the 2nd team, had an unusual fall season. They started the season higher than the 1st team, in Division 1 Classic, where they lost their first five games. They were relegated to Division 1 Competitive A bracket for the second half of the fall season (while the 1st team moved in the opposite direction), where they still struggled (1-1-3 W-T-L).
- We are the away team, so please wear white but always bring both jerseys. The weather looks to still be chilly, with a chance of rain, so please make sure all dress appropriately.
- Kickoff is at 11:30am; please arrive by 10:45. We will be playing on field 6, which is a different field from the one we played on last weekend.
Matchday 4 Preview
- Our opponent is Houston Santos 00B. They are currently in 3rd place with 14 points (1 win and 1 tie).
Santos beat Red Dragons 3-0 in their first game (we beat Red Dragons 2-1 in the Thanksgiving Cup).
Santos tied Huskies SA 01B 1-1.
Santos played Division 1 Classic in the fall, surviving in the first half of the season, but eventually finishing in the bottom two and have been relegated to Division 1 Competitive A bracket.
- We are the home team, so wear blue but of course bring both jerseys. Hopefully the weather will be warmer.
- Kickoff is at 1pm, please arrive by 12:15. We will be playing on field 4, the same field we played on our first two games.
Despite their struggles, Albion is not an opponent to be taken lightly. They can be considered to be roughly equal with the Albion first team, who beat us in the Austin Labor Day Cup. But at the same time, we should know that we are capable of doing well against this team, and we should not fear them. They have gotten bad results against teams we have beaten recently, such as a 1-0 loss two weeks ago to Texas Rush 01B PA in the Copa Lonestar, where we have beat that Rush team twice in the last 6 months.
Santos may be a tougher opponent, but for that game we should welcome William back to the fold which will make us a stronger team, as well. In addition to their Presidents Cup results Santos recently played in our Express NRG cup, beating FC Padre Hurricanes 1-0 and losing to 01B Navy and Huskies SA 01B, both by 1-0 scorelines.
Vedad worked with the boys on better possession, specifically on being able to receive hard passes, controlling it, turning quickly and making the next pass quickly. If we can do what we’ve practiced I think we will have a good couple of games. I would love to see us walk away with at least 8 points this weekend, hopefully more.
Click here to get to the maps.